Saturday, Jan. 16
Over 12,000 Cases Statewide, 12 Local Deaths
The state added 12,119 cases according to Saturday's FDOH report. An additional 211 deaths were also reported statewide, 12 of which were local: eight in Escambia County and four in Santa Rosa. No additional deaths reported in Okaloosa or Walton counties.
- Escambia added 274 cases and has a 11.57% positivity rate
- Santa Rosa added 155 cases and has a 19.29% positivity rate
- Okaloosa added 110 and has a 16.42% positivity rate
- Walton added 28 and has a 12.56% positivity rate
Friday, Jan. 15
State adds Nearly 17,000 Cases
The state added 16,875 cases according to Friday's report from FDOH. An additional 188 deaths were also reported, 14 of those deaths were from local areas. Escambia County reported five deaths, Santa Rosa County reported five deaths, and Okaloosa County reported four deaths. No additional deaths were reported in Walton County.
- Escambia added 391 cases and has a 17.54% positivity rate
- Santa Rosa added 206 cases and has a 23% positivity rate
- Okaloosa added 185 cases and has a 20.24% positivity rate
- Walton added 71 cases and has a 23.16% positivity rate
FDOH-Escambia Temporarily Closes Vaccination Request Form
The Florida Department of Health in Escambia County (FDOH-Escambia) is temporarily closing its COVID-19 Vaccination Request Form effective today, January 15. As supply becomes available, FDOH-Escambia staff will be scheduling appointments.
Additionally, FDOH-Escambia is working to identify and implement a more efficient solution to gauge interest in, and schedule appointments, for vaccine. If you have questions, please call FDOH-Escambia’s COVID-19 phone line at (850) 595-6500 option 6.
Thursday, Jan. 14
Over 200 Deaths Statewide
The state added 13,720 cases according to Thursday's FDOH report. The state also reported 222 deaths, 12 of which were from local areas. Three deaths reported in Escambia, five in Santa Rosa, three in Okaloosa and one in Walton County.
- Escambia added 365 cases and has a 13.95% positivity rate
- Santa Rosa added 192 cases and has a 21.80% positivity rate
- Okaloosa added 170 cases and has a 22.19% positivity rate
- Walton added 62 cases and has a 20.64% positivity rate
Testing Sites In Okaloosa
With the Health Department shutting down testing sites to devote efforts to contact tracing, Okaloosa County has released a site for residents to find the nearest testing site. For more info, click here. You can find information on Escambia County testing sites here.
Wednesday, Jan. 13
State Adds Nearly 14,000 Cases
The state added 13,990 cases according to Wednesday's FDOH report. An additional 174 deaths were also reported, bringing the total number to 23,759. Locally, there were 17 deaths reported: six in Escambia County, seven in Santa Rosa, three in Okaloosa and one in Walton.
- Escambia added 299 cases and has a 18.89% positivity rate
- Santa Rosa added 119 cases and has a 22.54% positivity rate
- Okaloosa added 135 cases and has a 24.12% positivity rate
- Walton added 55 cases and has a 16.08% positivity rate
COVID-19 Update From Baptist Health Care CEO Mark Faulkner
Tuesday, Jan. 12
Twelve Deaths In Escambia County
The state added 14,896 cases according to Tuesday's FDOH report. An additional 161 deaths were also reported. Twelve of those deaths were from Escambia County and two from Santa Rosa. No additional deaths reported in Okaloosa or Walton County.
- Escambia added 343 cases and has a 20.85% positivity rate
- Santa Rosa added 112 cases and has a 23.01% positivity rate
- Okaloosa added 194 cases and has a 20.73% positivity rate
- Walton added 78 cases and has 26.28% positivity rate
Publix Will Take Appointments For COVID Vaccine
Speaking from the Publix grocery store in Niceville Tuesday morning, Gov. Ron DeSantis annouced Publix locations in Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Escambia counties will start vaccinations Thursday. Watch the press conference below:
WATCH LIVE: Press Conference in Nicevillehttps://t.co/gcJOoVG1oB
— Ron DeSantis (@GovRonDeSantis) January 12, 2021
Monday, Jan. 11
State Adds Over 11,000 Cases, 163 Deaths Reported
The state added 11,576 cases according to Monday's FDOH report. An additional 163 deaths were also reported, only one of which was local, in Escambia County.
- Escambia added 177 cases and has a 15.75% positivity rate
- Santa Rosa added 71 cases and has a 17.13% positivity rate
- Okaloosa added 80 cases and has a 20.66% positivity rate
- Walton added 23 cases and has a 12.50% positivity rate
Nearly Half A Million Get Vaccinated In Florida
Accoridng to FDOH's vaccination report, 587,956 people have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Read more here.
To schedule an appointment for vaccintion:
To schedule an appointment with Ascension Sacred Heart, visit getascensioncare.com/access/florida/pensacola/ and monitor the Sacred Heart Facebook page for announcements.
Santa Rosa County:
Appointments can be made by calling the Citizens Information Line at 850-983-INFO (4646) or online at www.santarosa.fl.gov/covid19
To fill out consent forms and get information on the next vaccine dates, visit okaloosa.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/infectious-disease-services/covid-19-vaccine.html
Call 850-401-6453 or visit walton.floridahealth.gov for information on vaccine clinics.