Coronavirus Live Blog: Week of March 8
Thursday, March 11
Daily COVID Update
The state added 5,065 cases and 96 deaths according to Thursday's FDOH report. Of those 96 deaths, five were from local areas: one in Escambia, three in Santa Rosa and one in Okaloosa.
- Escambia added 24 cases and has a 2.19% positivity rate
- Santa Rosa added 22 cases and has a 5.60% positivity rate
- Okaloosa added 29 cases and has a 6.54% positivity rate
- Walton added 12 cases and has a 5.29 positivity rate
Coronavirus Pandemic: One Year Later
March 11 marks one year since the pandemic was declared across the world. Here's a look at the total cases throughout the panhandle.
- Escambia County: 34,292 cases, 646 total deaths
- Santa Rosa County: 17,396 cases, 274 deaths
- Okaloosa: 19,370 cases, 337 deaths
- Walton: 7,178 cases, 81 deaths
Community Health Northwest Florida issued the following update:
A few changes in the schedule for our test sites (changes made to accommodate various COVID-19 vaccination events):
COVID-19 testing at Cantonment Pediatrics is closed today and Friday.
COVID-19 testing at Brownsville has moved to Jackson Street (from 9AM-1PM) today.
COVID-19 testing at Jackson Street will be combined rapid testing and send outs (from 9AM-1PM) today.
Wednesday, March 10
Walk-Up Vaccination Clinic In Milton Thursday
Community Health Northwest Florida is holding a vaccination clinic Thursday, March 11 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 6209 Highway 90 / Caroline Street (formerly Beall’s) in Milton.
This is a walk-up event where eligible participants will receive the first dose of the Moderna vaccine. This clinic is open to all residents of Florida who qualify, including those covered under the Governor’s latest Executive Orders. Currently, the amended order expands the groups eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine in Florida to include persons under 65 who are "medically vulnerable," as well as individuals who hold specific jobs that put them at high risk.
For more information, click here.
State Adds 4,853 Cases, 62 Deaths
The state added 4,853 infections and 62 deaths according to Wednesday's FDOH report. Of the 62 deaths, three were reported from local areas: one in Santa Rosa County and two in Okaloosa County.
- Escambia added 49 cases and has a 3.50% positivity rate
- Santa Rosa added 32 cases and has a 5.12% positivity rate
- Okaloosa added 25 cases and has a 5.50% positivity rate
- Walton added 6 cases and has a 3.87% positivity rate
Tuesday, March 9
State Adds 4,426 Cases, 132 Deaths
An additional 4,426 COVID cases were reported Tuesday, according to FDOH. An additional 132 deaths were also reported, nine of which were from local areas: eight from Escambia County and one from Santa Rosa County.
- Escambia added 47 cases and has a 5.38% positivity rate
- Santa Rosa added 21 cases and has an 8.94% positivity rate
- Okaloosa added 68 cases and has a 14.32% positivity rate
- Walton added 17 cases and has a 10.88% positivity rate
Monday, March 8
Low Trends Continue Statewide, Locally
The state added 3,312 cases according to Monday's FDOH report. An additional 81 deaths were also reported, slightly higher than Sunday's but still lower than average numbers from the past few months. Of the 81 deaths, four were from local areas: one in Escambia, two in Santa Rosa and one in Okaloosa.
- Escambia added 38 cases and has a 10.23% positivity rate
- Santa Rosa added 7 cases and has a 4.74% positivity rate
- Okaloosa added 10 cases and has a 6.15% positivity rate
- Walton added 3 cases and has a 6.67% positivity rate